Where: Salford Quays (MediacityUK)
When: 18 – 24 month scheme starting in September 2017
Who: Someone keen to learn about information security in a varied and fast paced environment
What we re offering
BBC Information Security is offering 2 level 4 apprenticeship schemes in conjunction with Firebrand Training, one is within our Governance team and one I within our Security Operations Centre. It will give you the chance to develop your information security skills working for the world s leading public service broadcaster and receive high class industry recognised training.
The BBC, like other organisations around the world, is targeted by cyber-attacks. Hackers are very attracted to our digital doorstep and they re trying to break in; we need to ensure that the BBC is a digitally secure place and our content is protected from compromise.
The BBC Information Security team works to maintain and promote all aspects of information security across the organisation:
- keeping information and systems secure
- writing and ensuring compliance with information security related policies
- liaising with 3rd party suppliers
- conducting compliance reviews
- managing information security related risks
- providing advice, guidance, training, and awareness activities
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the most interesting, demanding and creative industries in the world alongside our team of information security professionals. You ll be able to develop your own skills and abilities in an organisation that s diverse, challenging and always rewarding.
How applications work
- Applications are open, and will remain open for the next couple of months.
- Assessment days (including an interview) will be held in Salford (Mediacity UK) in June/July 2017 (dates to be confirmed).
- We re looking for candidates to start in September 2017 for 18 24 months.